Finding new blogs topic is quite a headache for content writer when you have deadline to meet. Your main purpose with writing blog might be to improve your SEO ranking and get more visitors to your website.
You might be writing about breaking news/ latest trends but will soon run out of relevant topics to write about. You know your audience well, their demographics, what they are interested in, their likes and dislikes, so it would make more sense to write on topic that your audience will love reading it.
Although you know what to find new blog topic, it might get difficult to make the things actionable. Since there is a vast amount of information out there, really locking on any blog topic is tough decision to make.
What you need is a proper way to find and decide on the blog topics. You just have to focus on 3 actionable items that are simple, yet sometimes difficult, to arrive at blog topic.
Step 1 is to gather the relevant information
- Start with your own site, find the most popular blog on your website. Gain insight from Google Analytics about the performing blog topics in your domain.
- Find which topics are most shared by your users, topics that user share the most are the ones that get highest engagements.
- Once you are ready with your own data, Now is the time dig into those competitors website. Find their performing blog topics.
- What people in your niche are sharing, on community sites or by influencers
- Use site search as BuzzSumo, to find the hottest content in recent times.
Step 2 is to ask relevant questions
- Ask yourself questions about the different characteristic of the blog topics and questions.
- Ask what is common in them all? Which areas they focus on? What is the style or pattern for the blog posts.
- Identify if these topics are covered by you or by your competitors in the past. Check out if existing blogs are written on them and how well did they performed.
Step 3 identify your blog post opportunities
For every blog opportunities identified in previous steps, ask the following questions to yourself,
- Is the topic relevant to your business goal?
- Is it align with your business vision?
- Are the topics interesting to your target audience, will they enjoy reading it?
- Will you be able to write the content and provide a unique value towards the topic?
- Will it be profitable to write on those topics?
When you will have “Yes” to any of the idea, that will be your winning idea for the blog topic. Adding unique value to an existing covered blog topic, is to summarise it, provide checklist, create a tool or make an video or image compilation of the topic.
Also read: Top software job trends of 2018
Digital Marketer & Analytics Dashboard Expert at WEQ Technologies. Working on Voice search and SEO, analysing future impact based upon voice search.